Rebuilding a powerful online fitness appointment booking platform
AppyBee is a bespoke online booking platform for personal trainers and athletic entrepreneurs to save 80% of their time spent managing their business. With an ever-growing system of reservations, payments, scheduling, and automated reminders, they reached out to Polcode to overhaul their website, mobile apps and codebase. Polcode extended the AppyBee team with up to 10 specialists to make their online booking platform a relaunch fit for success.
Restarting a Fitness Journey from Scratch
The AppyBee project started as somewhat of a rescue mission. The previous agency responsible for the project had been unable to deliver a platform that worked at scale, and the old platform couldn’t handle more signups, or deliver customer-centric experiences beyond the basics.
The best online booking solutions are designed to be fundamentally scalable. New features are often added regularly, and each of those features must be integrated seamlessly with one another. Ultimately, the underlying technology and architecture must be robust enough to handle constant adaptations without breaking itself.
In AppyBee’s case, achieving this goal meant running a complete revamp project while keeping costs low. Polcode and AppyBee established 5 key goalposts together:
- Rewrite the entire application from scratch using React Native from the previous app which was written in Swift and Java
- Managing bookings all in one place
- Redesign and rewrite the AppyBee Widget that works on their clients’ dedicated channels
- Redesign the Admin panel using Progressive Web Apps
- Refactor backend codebase to enable new functionalities
We moved from another agency to Polcode. They have a good track record and reviews, their sales process was great, and the audit was impressive.
There’s no doubt that Polcode saved the project.
— JAN DONMEZ, AppyBee Founder & CEO
Polcode has a detailed audit process that looks at a client’s software ecosystem or any markers that could indicate a ‘legacy’ codebase, bugs or software architecture issues.
Polcode’s project managers also stepped in to ensure that all stakeholders were on the same page, informed about progress, and moving towards the same goal.
After the auditing process, our product development teams created a roadmap for AppyBee. This roadmap was carefully designed to move them swiftly from redesign, all the way to market relaunch. At the height of cooperation, Polcode extended AppyBee’s core technical talent by up to 10 developers and designers. Key members in the project were chosen for their seniority in building booking management systems, or expertise in refactoring codebases.
We continue to be really pleased with our results. The project is really big, and there’s a lot of technology inside. We make progress easily and new features keep coming so the code quality is really satisfying.
— JAN DONMEZ, AppyBee Founder & CEO
A Healthier Business Model
With the help of Polcode, AppyBee is set to become a leading booking management provider for fitness organisations in their market. Their website and mobile apps have been able to provide better key advantages to their clients:
- Reducing no-shows to appointments and better rescheduling by syncing calendars in real time with all parties involved.
- Improving the overall productivity and time-savings of themselves and their staff, which in turn provides greater revenue generation.
- Attracting new clients and retaining existing clients by making scheduling online a user-friendly process.