Ruby on Rails Developer
100% remotely or in our office: Warszawa, Kraków, Białystok
Polcode is a global, remote-first software house on a mission to help companies build and improve their digital businesses, software platforms, eCommerce stores, websites, apps and everything in between.
Are you passionate about building software with Ruby on Rails that exemplifies reliability, scalability and maintainability? Ready to join a close-knit team building meaningful software with talented people?
Our teams know that great software comes from great people, therefore we offer a competitive benefits package, backed by financial and time commitments to your professional growth with meaningful opportunities for development.
What to expect as Ruby on Rails Developer
- Create powerful and configurable backend to make products more flexible, scalable and maintainable
- Refactor existing codebase to drive up code quality and ease future functionality
- Work across organizational boundaries (business, DevOps, QA, PM)
- Release quality code backed by proven testing techniques
- Drive processes that improve software delivery and cost efficiency, while reducing risk
- Provide daily problem solving and estimations of work
- A passion for programming and keeping up with the latest technologies
- Proven experience with Ruby on Rails (minimum 2 years)
- Knowledge of MySQL, PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- Experience working with RSpec, Docker, GIT, Capybara
- Knowledge of English at least at a B2 level
- Knowledge of readability and maintainability standards of code focused on clean architecture
- Work in projects tailored to your core technologies or develop new interests within the company
- Personal development budget: classes, conferences, certification and events
- Work at times that suit your daily rhythm, from the place of your choice
- Competitive salary with up to 20 paid days off
- Professional onboarding process conducted by mentors and internal teams
- Opportunity to play the role of Tech Leader in projects and decision-making (Senior role)
- Develop your interests: become a speaker at prestigious conferences and workshops, publish on our blog, help recruit developers, advise business partners in making strategic decisions or, at the senior level, act as a project leader or mentor. The choice is yours
- Team integration events where you will see why our employees appreciate working at Polcode, and how friendships made with us last for years
- Multisport card, private medical care, life insurance and meaningful gratuities from HR
Our recruitment process
Check out our jobs page. If you don’t see your specific role, no worries, just send over your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Skill review
Get in touch!
Want to know more how it's like to work at Polcode? Ask me anything!
Use annual budgets for attending workshops, events, business trips, conferences and language lessons.
Start Working Flexibly
Operate at times that suit your daily rhythm, from the places of your choice, with modern equipment.
Grow Like a Pro
Dive into global projects tailored to your core strengths, while building new skills through each project.
Receive a competitive salary backed by company benefits like Multisport, private medical care, English lessons or healthy spine classes with a physiotherapist.
Feel the rhythm of the international IT market. We adapt only technologies that are up-to-date with the latest industry standards.
Spend Time Together
Attend after-hour parties and team-building events, face sports challanges and take part in other company activities. Make friendships that last over the years.