Python Team Developer
100% remotely or in our office: Warszawa, Kraków
Polcode is a global, remote-first software house on a mission to help companies build and improve their digital businesses, software platforms, eCommerce stores, websites, apps and everything in between.
We’re looking for Regular, Full Stack and Senior Developers to join our Python Team and drive modern software delivery, release quality code, and collaborate across forward-thinking teams. We value soft skills as well as coding chops, and all our projects take an agile approach to development.
What to expect in the Python Team
- Create powerful and configurable backend products more flexible, scalable and maintainable
- Refactor existing codebase to drive up code quality and ease future functionality
- Work across organizational boundaries (business, DevOps, QA, PM)
- Release quality code backed by proven testing techniques
- Drive processes that improve software delivery and cost efficiency, while reducing risk
- Provide daily problem solving and estimations of work
What you bring to the Python Team
Regular Developer requirements
- Fluent in Python 2.7 and 3.x
- Proven experience with Django 1 and/or 3
- Confident in Serverless, AWS and VanillaJS
- Experienced with databases (PostgreSQL)
- Experience with infrastructure automation Git or other relevant technologies is a plus
- Familiar with DevOps tools and methods
- A solid understanding of web application development and agile practices
- A passion for programming and keeping up with the latest technologies
- Knowledge of English at least at a B2 level
- Ability to cooperate across teams and clients
- Ability to estimate the time and resources needed for programming tasks
Senior Developer requirements
- Several years of experience writing Python
- Familiar with data science and have applied it in commercial projects
- Able to code review other Python team members and provide feedback
- Know readability and maintainability standards of code focused on clean architecture
- Skill in choosing the right tech solution for a business problem and justify its choice
- Experience in running a project team
- Positive attitude towards people and predispositions for holding a leadership role
- Experience in planning project architecture and mentoring new team members
- Work in projects tailored to your core technologies or develop new interests within the company
- Personal development budget: classes, conferences, certification and events
- Work at times that suit your daily rhythm, from the place of your choice
- Competitive salary with up to 20 paid days off
- Professional onboarding process conducted by mentors and internal teams
- Opportunity to play the role of Tech Leader in projects and decision-making (Senior role)
- Develop your interests: Become a speaker at prestigious conferences and workshops, publish on our blog, help recruit developers, advise business partners in making strategic decisions or, at the senior level, act as a project leader or mentor. The choice is yours
- Team integration events where you will see why our employees appreciate working at Polcode, and how friendships made with us last for years
- Multisport card, private medical care, life insurance and meaningful gratuities from HR
Our recruitment process
Check out our jobs page. If you don’t see your specific role, no worries, just send over your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Skill review
Get in touch!
Want to know more how it's like to work at Polcode? Ask me anything!
Use annual budgets for attending workshops, events, business trips, conferences and language lessons.
Start Working Flexibly
Operate at times that suit your daily rhythm, from the places of your choice, with modern equipment.
Grow Like a Pro
Dive into global projects tailored to your core strengths, while building new skills through each project.
Receive a competitive salary backed by company benefits like Multisport, private medical care, English lessons or healthy spine classes with a physiotherapist.
Feel the rhythm of the international IT market. We adapt only technologies that are up-to-date with the latest industry standards.
Spend Time Together
Attend after-hour parties and team-building events, face sports challanges and take part in other company activities. Make friendships that last over the years.