PHP Full Stack Developer
100% remotely or in our office: Warszawa, Kraków, Białystok
Polcode is a global, remote-first software house on a mission to help companies build and improve their digital businesses, software platforms, eCommerce stores, websites, apps and everything in between. PHP is a core technology in many projects at Polcode, both for building brand new applications, and transitioning our clients off legacy applications to the latest services.
We’re looking for Developers to join our awesome team of PHP experts. We’re flexible with requirements, so if you are a candidate who has a majority match, but do not meet 100% of the requirements, that’s OK! We’d still love to hear from you.
What you’ll do in the role
- Create powerful and configurable backend products more flexible, scalable and maintainable
- Refactor existing codebase to drive up code quality and ease future functionality
- Work across organizational boundaries (business, DevOps, QA, PM)
- Release quality code backed by proven testing techniques
- Drive processes that improve software delivery and cost efficiency, while reducing risk
- Provide daily problem solving and estimations of work
- A passion for programming and keeping up with the latest technologies
- Confident in object oriented software development with PHP 7
- Familiar with Symfony, Laravel or Magento
- Strong command of React.js, Vue.js, Angular or Node.js knowledge and principles
- Experience in databases (MySQL) and query optimization
- Knowledge of English at least at a B2 level
- Knowledge of readability and maintainability standards of code focused on clean architecture
- Skill in choosing the right tech solution for a business problem and justify its choice
- Experience in using Docker, ElasticSearch, AWS services and non-relational databases
- Use Git and Doctrine on a daily basis and know how to use them efficiently
- Positive attitude towards people and predispositions for holding a leadership role
- Work in projects tailored to your core technologies or develop new interests within the company
- Personal development budget: classes, conferences, certification and events
- Work at times that suit your daily rhythm, from the place of your choice
- Competitive salary with up to 20 paid days off
- Professional onboarding process conducted by mentors and internal teams
- Opportunity to play the role of Tech Leader in projects and decision-making (Senior role)
- Develop your interests: Become a speaker at prestigious conferences and workshops, publish on our blog, help recruit developers, advise business partners in making strategic decisions or, at the senior level, act as a project leader or mentor. The choice is yours.
- Team integration events where you will see why our employees appreciate working at Polcode, and how friendships made with us last for years.
- Multisport card, private medical care, life insurance and meaningful gratuities from HR
Our recruitment process
Check out our jobs page. If you don’t see your specific role, no worries, just send over your CV to email@example.com.
3. Skill review
Get in touch!
Want to know more how it's like to work at Polcode? Ask me anything!
Use annual budgets for attending workshops, events, business trips, conferences and language lessons.
Start Working Flexibly
Operate at times that suit your daily rhythm, from the places of your choice, with modern equipment.
Grow Like a Pro
Dive into global projects tailored to your core strengths, while building new skills through each project.
Receive a competitive salary backed by company benefits like Multisport, private medical care, English lessons or healthy spine classes with a physiotherapist.
Feel the rhythm of the international IT market. We adapt only technologies that are up-to-date with the latest industry standards.
Spend Time Together
Attend after-hour parties and team-building events, face sports challanges and take part in other company activities. Make friendships that last over the years.